Edexcel is the UK's largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications.
Edexcel's BTEC qualifications give students the skills they need to either move on to Higher education or go straight into employment.
A Higher National student will develop management and other higher level technical skills required by employers. After a period of usually two years, students often progress to the final year of degree programmes or directly to employment.
A key progression path for BTEC HND learners is to the third year of a degree or honours degree programme, at number of UK and international universities depending on the match of the Edexcel BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
BTEC Level 5 HNDs are undergraduate qualifications. They are roughly equivalent to the first half of a degree. Those students who want to obtain a good job without going to university, BTEC qualifications provide the specialist knowledge, skills and confidence to make and immediate impact in the modern workplace.
The Edexcel BTEC HND in Business (Accounting) is 240-credit qualification that consist of eight mandatory units and eight specialist unites that combined total of 240 credits
8 Core Modules
· Business Environment
· Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
· Organisations and Behaviour
· Marketing Principles
· Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
· Business Decision Making
· Business Strategy
· Research Project
4 Specialist Modules
· Management Accounting: Costing and Budgeting
· Financial Accounting and Reporting
· Financial Systems & Auditing
4 Optional Modules
· Business Event Management
· Employability Skills
· Small Business Enterprise
· Operations Management in Business
· Applicants must be over 18 years of age
· At least one GCE A level pass, with supporting passes at GCSE at Grades A, B or C in appropriate subjects or a qualification considered equivalent
· Have Intermediate HSC pass with good grades (50% + )
· Mature entry: Appropriate work experience
· Where the GCSE examining board English language is not Cambridge or Edexcel or AQA, such applicants possess at least an IELTS score 5.5
Progress is measured throughout the course. Evidence that is based on real-life work and studies is presented by the student in each module. There are no exams. Each module is internally assessed and graded by qualified Tutors / Assessors and Internal Verifiers. The final assessment is done by an Edexcel External Examiner. Grades awarded are Pass, Merit and Distinction. There is no overall grade awarded for this qualification.
*Every month apart from Dec, Jul & Aug